Naan is traditionally cooked in a clay oven or “tandoor.” I used a regular home oven.
What we need:
2 cups of flour
1 tea spoon active dry yeast
1 tea spoon of sugar
1 tea spoon of baking soda
2 tablespoons of oil
2 1/2 tablespoons yogurt
1 teaspoon of clear butter to butter the Naan
1/4 cup of flour for rolling
What we have to do:
1. Dissolve active dry yeast in lukewarm water and let it sit for 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes bubbly.
2. Add sugar, salt and baking soda to the flour and mix well.
3. Add the oil and yogurt mix.
4. Add the water/yeast mixture and make into soft dough.
5.Knead until the dough is smooth. Cover the dough and keep in a warm place for 3-4 hours. The dough should almost be double in volume.
7. Knead the dough for about two to three minutes and divide the dough into six equal parts.
8. Take each piece of dough, one at a time, and roll into 8-inch oval shape. Dust lightly with dry flour to help with the rolling.
9. You can place about 2 Naan on the baking/pizza stone at a time. The Naan will take about 2 to 3 minutes to cook, depending upon your oven. Naan should be golden brown color on top.
10. Take naan out of the oven and brush lightly with clear butter.