If someone asked me, what my favourite veggies are, without thinking I'd tell them - cabbages, cauliflowers and broccolies!!! In the UK sometimes you can hear these vegetables to be called Brassicas and that's how their species is called. Brassicas also include kale, Brussel sprouts, kohlrabi, etc. They are really nutritious, a great source of vitamin C and low in calories!!!
Last weekend I was doing the weekly shopping in a supermarket and I saw a huge pile of beautiful broccolies and cauliflowers. So what's for dinner tonight? Thai style fried veggies my way... :D
What we need:
Half of a broccoli and cauliflower
200 ml of all purpose flower
1/5 tea spoon of baking powder
100ml milk ( cocconut milk would be perfect!)
a pinch of salt
spices: chopped garlic, black pepper, cumin, nutmeg, sesame seeds and lime juice ( lovely Thai combination!)
Corn or sunflower oil for deep frying ( it gets hotter than olive oil)
What we have to do:
1. Clean and slice the veggies into flat pieces, season with some salt and black pepper and leave it aside.
2. Mix the eggs with milk, add flour, baking powder and crushed or grinded spices.
3. Heat the oil.
4. Put a piece of broccoli or cauliflower into the mixture and carefully place into the hot oil. Cook until it gets light brown.
5. Place the veggies onto the kitchen paper towel and let it absorb the extra oil.
6. Serve it with sweet or spicy chilly source! Enjoy!!!
P.S. If you want to keep the veggies crunchy, serve it as soon as possible!!!