Recently I got really interested in Japanese cuisine for its simplicity and seasonality of food. After watching some video blogs and reading a book 'Cooking the Japanese way' by Reiko Weston, I gave myself a try to make some simple Japanese recipes. One of the first dishes was this cucumber salad and it definitely became one of my favourites. You may wonder why? Seems too simple!!! But may be just by adding some Japanese ingredients a simple cucumber can reveal a very different flavour!!!
We need for one portion:
1 clove of garlic
half of a small onion
1 table spoon of soya souce
1 table spoon of rice vinegar
1 table spoon of olive oil
What we have to do:
1. Peel the cucumber and cut it into any shape you want! ( I like thin stripes)
2. Add salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
3. Peel the onion and garlic. Chop into small cubes.
4. Mix the onion and garlic with the cucumber.
5. In a seperate bowl mix the soya souce and rice vinegar, slowly add olive oil. Pour over the cucumber salad and slowly mix it.
6. Serve it!!!