This dish is definitely Chinese classics and one of my favourite dish from Chinese cuisine! But the key is to make sweet and sour sauce which is served with any fish or meat. But personally, I prefer chicken!!!
What we need:
One chicken breast cut in pieces
2 tbsp of corn starch
3 tbsp of vegetable oil
For the sweet and sour sauce:
1 big carrot
1 big onion
1 big green bell pepper
1 can of pineapples (about 200gr)
2 cloves of garlic
1 glass of water or chicken broth
4 tbsp of rice vinegar
2 tbsp of sugar ( I used brown sugar because I like the colour it gives)
2 tbsp of tomato sauce or 0,5 tbsp of tomato paste
1 tbsp of corn starch
salt and pepper
1 tbsp of oil
What we have to do:
1. Pour the starch over the chicken pieces and mix it. Let the starch cover the meat. Fry in oil for 5 min and take it out onto paper towel.
2. Cut carrot, onion and bell pepper into big chunks. Add oil into a pan and put the garlic. When it turns light brown, add the veggetables and let it cook for 4 min by stiring time from time.Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped pineapples.
3. Pour water and when it starts boiling add vinegar, sugar and tomato sauce. Cook for 3 min.
4. Mix starch with 2 spoons of cold water and pour into the sauce. When it thickens, add the fried chicken and simmer for 2-3 min.
5. Serve it hot with rice and salad if you want. Enjoy!!!