Crepes or big French pancakes :)
A crêpe is a type of very thin, cooked pancake usually made from wheat flour and usually eaten during brekfast with fruit and maple syrup. Nowadays it's so widely spread not just in Brittany the origin place) but all over France and I won't be wrong to say worldwide. This morning I had sweet version of crêpe with strawberries, grapes and honey. A great way to start a day and to bring a bit of France to your home!!!
Here's how I made it:
What we need:
1 water glass of all-purpose flour
1 glass of milk
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of oil
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
What we have to do:
1. In a bowl whisk eggs and milk and gradually add flour, sugar and salt. At the end add oil. Whisk carefully!
2. Preheat the frying pan and melt a bit of butter.
3. Pour the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 of glass for each crêpe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
4. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula or a knife, turn and cook the other side ( Here you can practice your pan skills by throwing the crepe into the air and catching it!!! :) )
5. Serve hot with fruit and syrup or honey or cream.
Note: You can make a savory version by adding less sugar and serving with sausages or any other meat or veggies! Enjoy!!!