Eggplant rolls with feta cheese
Eggplant is another vegetable which I just adore! Its a bit bitter taste and softness when it's fried or just burnt on the grill or open fire makes me try and try old and new recipes once again.
This time eggplant rolls...
What we need:
several ( 2-3) long eggplants
1/5 glass of olive oil ( for frying and souce)
4 cloves of garlic
juice of one lemon
200gr of feta cheese
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes
parsley or mint
What we have to do:
1. Slice the eggplant horizontally and season it with salt and pepper. Leave it for 20 min.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, place the eggplant and fry in a high heat until it's soft and a bit of brownish. When ready, place then onto a paper towel to get rid of extra oil.
3. Slice tomato and feta cheese. Season with oregano and pepper. Roll them into fried eggplant slices. Use a toothpick to keep the shape ( if necessary!).
4. Put the rolls into the oven for 10 min ( 180C).
5. Prepare the sauce: chop the garlic, mix it with salt, pepper and oregano, add lemon juice and olive oil. Pour over the rolls. Decorate with parsley or mint! I used roasted tomato and pepper leftovers!!! :) Enjoy!!!