Have you met a Lithuanian who hasn't eaten meatballs ( lt. kotletai)? I haven't!!! We grew up with that... So I was more than happy to find something interesting but still the same... meatballs with cauliflower. The original recipe I found in www.supermama.lt/forumas where the lovely ladies are sharing the recipes and discussing their their little masterpieces and here's the blog where I read the recipe again and got inspired by it: Ziedinis kopustas su farsu
What I needed for my version:
400gr of ground chicken breast
1 onion - chopped
1 tbsp of mayonaise
1 tbsp of mustard
1 teaspoon of salt
some pepper and herbs ( I used Italian herb mix, which includes rosemary, basilicum, thyme et al)
1 head of cauliflower
What I did:
1. I mixed the ground chicken with an onion, salt and pepper, mayonaise, mustard and an egg.
2. Cut the cauliflower into big pieces and put the meat around each piece of cauliflower.
3. Drizzled some olive oil and wrapper into aliuminium foil and baked for about 40 min in 200C.
4. After baking for about 30 min I opened the foil and let the meatballs to get brownish colour.
5. Served with vegetable ( leek, carrot, green bell pepper), cream and tomato juice sauce.