Tomato and potato soup with rice for my Valentine... this is how I called this soup after my husband had asked the name of it! I guess it's one of a very good way to please him because he's really fond of a good bowl of hot soup. As it's been foggy and rainy for the last three days, today it was a perfect day for soup.
What we need:
6 medium sized tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
a bunch of herbs ( parsley or dill or both!!)
1.5 l of water
2 tbsp of rice
salt and pepper
1 bay leave
What we have to do:
1. Peel and wash potato, carrot and onion. Put into a pot with water, add salt and let it boil until it's almost done.
2. Peel tomatoes. Add them to the boiling water with vegetables. Boil for 5 min.
3. Take a hand blender and blend all the vegetables in the pot.
4. Add some pepper and chilli pepper, bay leave, washed rice and simmer for another 10 min. After 5 min add chopped garlic.
5. When rice is done, turn the soup off and add fresh herbs. Serve.