I found this recipe in an Estonian food lover's blog Nami-nami. It's always great to find out what the neighbours are doing.. cooking in this case... :) I really liked simple yet interesting recipes and her lovely baby photos. Yesterday I tried Indian dish as I absolutely love aubegine and Indian flavours are always a hit for me!
What we need:
oil for frying
2 medium aubergines / eggplants
1 teaspoon turmeric
1teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon nigella seeds
naan bread and plain yogurt to serve
What we have to do:
1. Fry the chopped onion in some oil ( In India they would rather use vegetable oil). When almost done, place it into a pot.
2. Add a little more oil to the frying pan. Add aubergine/eggplant slices and fry until they are browned on each side. Then dry them up on a kitchen paper towel.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook on a moderate heat for about 5 minutes, until the tomatoes soften.
5. Now add the browned aubergine/eggplant slices and heat through.
6. Scatter coriander/cilantro/ parsley leaves on top and serve. Enjoy!