My husband still remembers how quickly my last Cream cheese and Pudding Pie disappeared from our kitchen as it was really really delicious, so this morning I already knew I'd make it again but with a different touch and different pie crust ( just because I was pretty difficult to roll the previous time because the pastry kept crumbling and falling apart)!
What we need:
for pie crust:
200gr of unsalted butter
1 tea spoon of salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 tea spoon of baking powder ( it's not neccesary if you make traditional apple pie)
400ml of flour ( I use ml as I don't have scales, but it always works!!!)
about 3 tbsp of milk or water
1 pack of chocolate pudding
50 gr of almond flakes
400gr of cream cheese
2 tbsp of milk
100 ml of sugar ( you can add more if you have a very sweet tooth!!)
What we have to do:
1. Make the pie crust. Cut room temperature butter into small pieces and add flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Mix it with your hand until butter mixes into flour and it looks like this:
2. Then add two or three tablespoons of water or milk and make a ball of crust. Devide into two pieces ( one must be a bit bigger) and put into a fridge for 30 min. Meanwhile, have a cup of tea or coffee. :)
3. Roll out the bigger pie crust ball to fit your pie tray. Butter the tray and place the pie crust.
4. Make the filling: Whisk the eggs with sugar, then add pudding powder and cream cheese. Whisk again and add 2 tbsp of milk. I also added 2 tbsp of cacao to get a darker colour! :)
5. Pour the filling into a pie crust. Then crumble the smaller crust ball or grate it over the top. Then add almond flakes!
6. Preheat oven 180C and bake for 45 min. Enjoy!!!