Cake with apple jam and chocolate topping
This cake is definitely a failure in looks but a winner in taste. I found the recipe in one of Lithuanian blog - Kepykla penki where I was amazed by photos ( Thanks Rusvaplauke for helping to find the original recipe and of course for sharing the recipe!!!), but when I started making, I noticed that something is wrong and I'm not going to get the same result. But still it tasted great, so sometimes it's good to close your eyes before taking a bite! :)
What we need:
203gr eggs ( yes, you have to weight eggs!)
some apple marmalade or jam
chocolate for topping
What we have to do:
1. Hea eggs and sugar until 40C and beat until it doubles.
2. Mix flour and melted butter, then add eggs and sugar.
3. Spread the dough 2mm on a baking tray and bake for 4-5 min in 220C. You get 4-5 layers.
4. When baked, remove from the tray on a clean towel and let it cool.
5. Spread some apple jam over each layer and glaze the top layer with melted chocolate. Leave it for 2-3 hours and taste!!!