When my husband brought about 3 kg of strawberries last night, I decided that Eurovison night is going to be great!!! And it was!!! I guess most of European girls are already in love not just with a fairytale but Alexander Rybak from Norway, too. Sweet song, great performance, and cute young man - that brought victory to Norway!!! Congratulations!!! But the dumplings were made today, most probably fairytale brought some childhood memories, when my mother used to pick some strawberries up in her garden and then she used to make similar dumplings for my brother and me... When my husband tasted them today, he said, ' Good, very good, very very good!'
What we need:
for the dumpling dough:
500 ml of flour
5 tbps of milk
a pinch of salt
for the filling:
1 tbps of sugar
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
What we have to do:
1. Mix milk and eggs with salt, then add flour and start kneading until the dough is ready. Then cover it and let it rest for 30 min.
2. Clean strawberries, remove their leaves, add sugar and cornstarch and mix it.
3. Divide the dough into 2 pieces and roll both of them. Cut the dough into 5X5 cm squares. Place one strawberry on one square and cover it with another square. Press the sides with hands and then a fork.
4. Fill in a pot with water and let it boil. When it's boiling put the dumplings into it. They should sink down. When they rise up, boil for 1-2 min and take them out.
5. Serve with yoghurt or blended strawberries with sugar. Enjoy!!!