Grilled chicken and vegetables
When it comes to grilling, the ultimate meat is chicken as it's so quick to prepare and the grilling time is not so long either. So one bottle of beer and the dish is ready!!! However, when we speak about the ultimate recipe for the grilled chicken it may take mush longer than you may expect. The inspiration for this recipe was Rachel Ray's show where she introduced one of the greatest grilling chefs Adam Perry Lang. I really liked the way he made chicken and beef chops. This time I chose chicken and to go with it I threw some vegetables on. In other words - one grill dish!!! And it took more than an hour... in Adam's words 'about 3 bottles of beer'!!!
What we need:
120 ml dijon mustard120 ml water1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp garlic salt
2 tbsps dark brown sugar
4 chicken pieces ( I used breasts)
vegetables of grilling: new potatoes, tomatoes, onion, green beans
for the BBQ sauce:
1 cup favorite BBQ sauce
100 ml pineapple preserves
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
120 ml water
2 tbsp of butter
What we have to do:
1. Mix all marinate ingredients and rub into the chicken. Leave it for at least an hour in room temperature or in a fridge overnight.
2. Mix the glaze ingredients.
3. Prepare the vegetables: clean them, cut into big chunks, then season with salt and pepper and add some olive oil.
4. Preheat the grill and grill the meat by brushing the glaze on each side. It may take about 45 min if you grill not on a direct heat. (Or about 15 min if you grill on an electrical grill, but then there will be no smoky flavour)
5. Then put meat pieces into aliuminium foil and add 1 tbsp of butter and a splash of water and cover it. Put it again on a grill and cook again for 45 min. It will soften the meat.
6. Finally take the chicken pieces out of the fuil and back on the grill brush with the glaze and grill for some 10 min to get the crispiness. Meanwhile, grill the vegetables. And serve!!!