Mushroom and tomato tart
When I have no time to look for inspiration, I generally cook from what I find in the fridge. This time I found some puff pastry leftovers from my Chicken Pie and some mushrooms. So why not to make some tarts. The mustard idea I borrowed from Kevin ( Closet Cooking) and it really added lovely flavour.
What we need:
1 sheet puff pastry
2 tbsp dijon mustard
100gr of cheese
5 cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg to brush the pastry
What we have to do:
1. Roll the puff pastry out into your favourite shape ( I made 10X10 cm squares)
2. Brush the sides of the tart and add stripes of puff pastry onto them. Brush them again. The shape should remind a well or a basket.
3. Brush the center of the tart with dijon mustard.
4. Add some grated cheese.
5. Put some sliced mushrooms.
6. Put some cherry tomatoes.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Preheat the oven until 200C and bake the tarts until golden brown for about 20 - 25 min. Enjoy!!