Lemon and Olive chicken
I got the idea for this recipe a few weeks ago from one of the Turkish TV programmes. I liked the idea of sauteed onion, lemon and olives together with chicken so finally I tried the recipe and I was more than happy! A very interesting and delicious recipe!!!
What you need:
1-2 chicken breasts
200 gr of various olives ( I used black Turkish olives, green olives stuffed with red pepper and green olives pickled with mustard seeds and garlic)
salt and pepper to taste
some fresh or dried thyme
1 tbsp of olive oil
What you have to do:
1. Cut each chicken breast to make two thin chicken steaks. Season with salt and pepper and some lemon zest.
2. Pre-heat the frying pan, add some olive oil and fry chicken breasts for 1 min on each side. Then remove from the pan and drizzle with one lemon juice.
3. Slice onions and put then in a pan, let it sautee for a few minutes, then add olives, thyme and 1 lemon juice. Simmer until onion is soft.
4. Put chicken and sauteed onions with olives into a heat proof dish, add some slices of lemon and put in an oven ( 175C) for 10 min to finish cooking the chicken.
5. Serve with onions and olives. Add rice or potatoes if you feel like! Enjoy!!!