Mushroom and Broccoli Tarte Tatin
I'm sure you've had many sweet versions of Tarte Tatin. I had some myself and they really taste great plus they are so easy to make and are budget-friendly. I got the idea of this savory version from the recent post in Once upon a plate. With some vegetable salad it makes a great meat-free dinner!!!
What we need:
250 gr of mushrooms
1 big onion
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 sheet of puff pastry
1 tbsp of butter
some olive oil
What we have to do:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Grease a tart tin with butter.
2. Slice the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Pour some olive oil into a frying pan and place onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and let it get soft, then add mushrooms, sliced broccoli and thyme. Fry until they are almost done.
3. Put fried mushrooms, broccoli and onion into a tart tin, cover with a rolled puff pastry sheet and brush it with beaten egg.
4. Put it into the oven and bake until puff pastry is golden brown.
5. Then put a plate on the tart tin and turn the tarte tatin upside down. Add some lemon juice and serve. Enjoy!!!