Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Getting ready for Croquembouche
Tomorrow for the New Year's Eve party I decided to make Croquembouche, that is why I've made those profiteroles or 'choux' pastry cookies. I left the assembling for tomorrow because I want the cookies to remain crunchy on the outside. Otherwise the pastry cream will make it softer. Anyway, if you are still not sure what to serve tomorrow, you can make those mini cakes/ cookies ( you call it!) and fill with either savoury or sweet filling and serve on your buffet! Have a lovely evening!
What we need ( for about 50 profiteroles):
150 gr butter
a pinch of salt
5 medium eggs
What we have to do:
1. Put water and butter into a pot and bring it to boil.
2. Put a pinch of salt and flour. Stir until you get a lump of pastry for 3-4 min.
3. Remove the pastry into a cool bowl, let it cool for 10-15 min.
4. Add the eggs, one by one and mix the pastry constantly until you get smooth yellow pastry.
5. Place the pastry into a confectioner's bag, place baking paper on a baking tray and form 1.5 - 2 cm balls.
6. Pre-heat the oven ( 200C) and place the profiteroles. Bake for 15 min then reduce the temperature until 180C and bake for 10 more minutes or until they are light brown. Let it cool and fill in with your favourite filling. Enjoy!