Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Leek and potato soup
Finally we have snow in Istanbul. Despite the beauty, snow is cold. And when it's cold, I want soup. Today it's leek and potato soup!
What we need:
1 celery stalk
2 tbsp of olive oil
salt and pepper
a pinch of dried oregano
a pinch of red pepper flakes or some chilli
2l water or vegetable stock
What we have to do:
1. Clean the vegetables very carefully and cut into small pieces.
2. Pour some olive oil into a pot and add the leek. Let it fry for 3 minutes, then add celery and potatoes.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Add oregano, red pepper flakes. Fry for 5 minutes.
4. Pour water into the pot and let the soup boil for 7-10 minutes until potatoes are soft.
5. When soup is done, puree it with hand-held blender. You can garnish with some pepper flakes or a bit of cream. Enjoy and take care!
Lietuviska recepta rasite Facebook'e!