Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Lovely nutella cupcakes
These cupcakes were made on the 2nd of January when I was having some children guests at my home. I don't like baking very much and always had problems with cupcakes as most of the times they were very hard and not moist at all. But for those little kids, I decided not to use any recipe but follow my instincts. Well, what makes the cake soft ? Eggwhites! So I guess they helped this time a lot! What do kids love? Nutella! This was the main flavour combined with cacao and nuts. Luckily they were really the best cupcakes I've ever made! For adults I made a bigger version ( in the photo on the left) and served with poached pears in cinammon syrup and some ice-cream on the top!
What we need:
( Lithuanian translation / Lietuviskas vertimas)
3 egg yoks
100 gr of almonds
100 gr of sugar
2 tbsp of nutella
60 gr of flour
2 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of cacao
a pinch of salt
for Nutella icing:
100 gr of butter
4 tbsp of nutella
4 tbsp of sugar
100 ml of heavy cream
What we have to do:
1. Whisk sugar and egg yoks and then add melted butter.
2. Put almonds in a food processor and blend them. Then add to the dough and mix it together.
3. Put cacao, flour and baking powder, and mix well again.
4. In a seperate bowl whip egg whites with a pinch of salt until they turn into a white foam.
5. Carefully fold egg whites into the dough.
6. Pre-heat the oven (180C), put the dough into cupcake tray and bake for 18-20 minutes. Then remove from the tray and let it cool.
7. For the icing, mix sof butter with sugar and nutella until fluffy. Seperately whip the cream. Then mix it all together and decorate the cupcakes. Put in a fridge for an hour until the icing gets harder. Enjoy!