So let's make mayonnaise first:
1 egg yolk ( use the freshest organic eggs as possible as the mayonnaise will not be cooked)
1 teaspoon of mustard ( choose the ones you really like!)
400 ml of oil ( I used granola oil, but feel free to use your favourite. It's better to use oil with no flavour)
1 lemon juice
What we have to do:
1. Beat the egg yolk and mustard until it turns light yellow and then add a few drops of oil and keep beating. You shouldn't beat it too hard, if you use food processor, make it medium.
2. When oil is combined, then slowly add the rest of the oil and keep beating.
3. Then start beating faster, add lemon juice and salt. Total beating time is about 5 minutes. You will see the mayonnaise texture.
4. Season to your taste.
To make prawn coctail you need:
1 ripe avocado
200 gr cooked small peeled prawns
Lemon wedges, to garnish
For the Marie Rose Sauce:
200g fresh mayonnaise
2-3 tbsp tomato ketchup
Pinch cayenne pepper
Dash Tabasco, to taste
Dash Worcestershire sauce, to taste
Splash of brandy, to taste ( Thanks to my friend Ruta for bringing some Lithuanian Brandy!!!)
½ iceberg lettuce
What we have to do:
1. Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and carefully score each half using a small knife to create a criss-cross pattern. Squeeze each half generously with lemon juice to prevent it from dis-colouring.
2. To make the Marie Rose sauce mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, cayenne pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice together in a large bowl. Season to taste with Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, and a splash of brandy. Stir to combine.
3. Place a spoonful of Marie Rose sauce into the bottom of 4 serving glasses. Shred the lettuce and divide equally among the glasses. Scrape out the flesh from the avocado using a spoon and scatter over the lettuce. Spoon another layer of sauce on top.
4. Arrange the prawns on top and finish with a final spoonful of sauce. Sprinkle with a touch of cayenne pepper and garnish with a lemon wedge in each glass to serve. Enjoy!!!