Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Chanterelle with new potatoes
When Lithuanian markets got loaded with chanterelles, I pre-heated my pan for Lithuanian classic - mushrooms with bacon, new potatıes and cream sauce. Absolutely amazing!!!
What we need:
1 litre of fresh chanterelles
1 tbsp of butter
salt and pepper
40-30gr of smoked bacon
8-10 small new potatoes
1 teaspoon of flour
What we have to do:
1. Pre-heat a pan and add butter and small pieces of bacon. Let it fry for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add washed and peeled new potatoes. If they are bigger, cut in halves or quarters. Fry for 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
3. Wash changerelles and put them into a pan. Stir and let it fry for 3 more minutes. Add chopped spring onions.
4. Then add a teaspoon of flour, stir carefully and pour over the cream. Stir it until the cream and mushroom juice thickens. Add chopped dill and simmer for 3-5 minutes until potatoes and mushrooms are done.
5. When serving, garnish with some more spring onions and dill. Add salad if you want. Enjoy!!! This dish is especially tasty if prepared on open fire.