Monday, July 19, 2010
Smoked haddock spread on rye bread
If you've ever tasted smoked haddock, you will definitely remember the flavour and want for more. So Lithuania is a heaven for smoked food and smoked haddock is available in every supermarket. This evening I'm offering you an easy and absolutely tasty spread which is great on a toast, but my favourite way to enjoy it is rye bread!
What we need:
1 smoked haddock ( bones and skin removed)
2 boiled and peeled potatoes
2 boiled eggs
2 branches of spring onions
a pinch of black pepper
3 tbsp of light mayonaise
4-6 slices of rye bread or any other toasted bread
What we have to do:
1. Brake the haddock into small flakes.
2. Grate the boiled potatoes.
3. Chop the onion and boiled eggs, and dill
4. Put fish, potatoes, onion, eggs, and dill into a bowl, add some pepper. You can also add some salt, but smoked haddock is generally salty enough, so I prefer not using any extra salt. Mix it all and add mayonaise. Mix it all again.
5. Take a slice of bread, add haddock spread and garnish with some more spring onions and dill. Enjoy!!!